Dar sangue é dar vida! Дай кръв спаси живот!

segunda-feira, 7 de março de 2011

Paris 2011

Francis OBIKWELU (POR) - Medalha de Ouro.

Novo recorde nacional e melhor marca mundial do ano.

I don't know how to explain how I feel. I've had injuries for such a long time, and to come back and win, it's incredible. I'm honored to be here, this is a great day of joy. I was feeling good, I ran well in my heat and in my semi-final. I was hoping to be in the top 3, but I never thought I was going to win. I pushed fash, and then it's just running and having fun. I knew it was going to be a dangerous final, and I'm so happy to compete with a guy like Dwain. I also thought that Lemaître would be a threat here in France. I'm just full of joy.
Francis OBIKWELU

Naide Gomes terminou em segundo lugar na final do salto em comprimento e é vice-campeã europeia de pista coberta, já havia conquistado ouro em Madrid (2005) e em Birmingham (2007).
Depois de ter sofrido para chegar à final do salto em comprimento nos Europeus de Pista Coberta em Paris, tendo que ser repescada, Naide Gomes brilhou na fase decisiva
A atleta portuguesa saltou na sua primeira tentativa 6,67m - a sua melhor marca esta temporada - e começou logo a liderar a prova. Depois seguiu-se mais um salto a 6,63m e um nulo.
Na quarta ronda de saltos, a russa Pidluzhnaya passou para a frente com 6,74m (novo recorde pessoal). Mas Naide Gomes respondeu na mesma ronda com 6,79m, voltando a bater a sua melhor marca desta temporada. Já na quinta e penúltima ronda, a outra russa em prova, Darya Klishina conquistou a liderança, com mais um centímetro, fazendo 6,80m.
I let Klishina take the gold medal away from me for only one centimetre. I fought very hard but could not get it back. Losing by only one centimetre has happened to me before! But still, I am very happy. I came here with an injury, a stress fracture of the bone of my left foot. I could not train for three weeks. I did not want to go to Paris but my coach said "Naide, you can do it" because in the training I jumped very well with a protection. It is only today that I jumped without the protection. No, I will never again go back to heptathlon, I guess I am too old. Now, I will go on a vacation for one week, I will visit my sister who lives in London.
Naide Gomes


3000 m
1 FARAH, Mo GBR 7:53.00
2 IBRAHIMOV, Hayle AZE 7:53.32
3 AKKAS, Halil TUR 7:54.19
4 BADDELEY, Andy GBR 7:54.49 SB
5 ESPANA, Jesús ESP 7:54.66
6 SILVA, Rui POR 7:59.49
It was a little bit tactical race at the beginning but the pace started to be fast in the second half. I feel comfortable and happy to be in the final. This was the main target of the season for me and in summer I am planning to try longer distances - 5000 and 10 000 meters. I know it will be tough because there are good guys but I feel in very good shape. I am lucky I had no injuries this season compare to last year.
Rui Silva

Sem comentários: